Date(s) - Saturday, February 8, 2014
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
Williamson County Public Library
The Library is hosting a free presentation of the Seven Guidelines for Managing Conflict by Sal Cannata on Saturday February 8, 2014 in Meeting Room.
Seven Guidelines for Managing Conflict is one of six modules that make up his Management Fundamentals Seminar. This seminar is for people who want to become better managers, or to become better able to manage their careers.
The seven guidelines are:
If admitting a mistake helps, admit the mistake.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place, fall back on process.
When force is needed, use it.
When you need to push back, push back.
When the conflict gets personal, don’t back down.
When you find yourself in a no win scenario, re-write the rules.
Sometimes you need to bend the rules.
At the end of this presentation you will:
· Have a comprehensive understanding of business conflict, and
· Be prepared to meet conflict head on.
For additional information on the Seven Guidelines for Managing Conflict, the seminar and Mr. Cannata’s background, please go to http://mgtspeak.wordpress.com/
Mr. Cannata spent his 38 year corporate career in the telecommunications industry, mostly at AT&T and Cisco Systems. He has a proven track record in product development. He has:
1. Developed and introduced new network products and services.
2. Negotiated and managed budgets in the $100 million range.
3. Negotiated contracts and statements of work with customers, strategic partners and vendors, from thousands of dollars to millions of dollars.
We are looking forward to seeing you on February 8.