Makes: 12 servings
Total Cost: $2.92
Serving Cost: $0.24
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups apple (diced, chunks)
1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
2 cups apple (sliced, to place on cake)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, oil and eggs together. Beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add to egg batter and mix well.
4. Add apple chunks and applesauce to the batter. Stir to combine.
5. Coat a baking pan with vegetable oil spray, and pour in batter. Bake until done, about 1 hour.
6. Place apple slices on top of apple cake and serve.
Skip to nutrition information
Add to My Cookbook