- Total Recipe Time: 1-1/2 hours to 2 hours
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 beef Bottom Round Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Cornbread or corn muffins
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BBQ BEEF SKILLET WITH CORNBREAD
- Combine barbecue sauce with water. Pour barbecue sauce mixture in large skillet. Add steaks. Separate onions into rings and add to skillet.
- Bring barbecue mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove Steaks; keep warm. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Carve Steaks into thin slices. Serve with sauce and cornbread.