A colorful, casual meal that’s surprising simple to prepare.
For the Sweet Potato Oven Fries:
4 large sweet potatoes (yams)
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend
For the Salmon Burgers:
1 can 14.75-ounce pink or red salmon
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
8 crackers, unsalted tops (saltine-like), crushed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Egg whites from 2 eggs, whisked
2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 whole-wheat buns
Bibb Lettuce (8 leaves)
2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
1. Place oven rack in center, heat oven to 425 °F.
2. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, slice into wedges, length-wise.
3. In a large bowl, toss potato wedges with canola oil and seasoning.
4. Spread on cookie sheet. Roast in the oven, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
5. While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare salmon burgers. Drain salmon; place in a medium mixing bowl and flake.
6. Fold in green onions and red pepper, crushed crackers, lemon juice, egg whites and yogurt.
7. Shape into 4 patties.
8. Coat large nonstick skillet lightly with cooking spray; heat.
9. Cook salmon burgers until golden brown, turn, and continue cooking until other side is golden brown.
10. Serve burgers with sliced tomatoes and lettuce, and sweet potato oven fries.