Total Recipe Time: 20 minutes
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half, pit removed
- 2 limes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices ciabatta bread cut 1/2 inch thick
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPICY STEAK & AVOCADO BRUSCHETTA
- Season beef steak with pepper. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spoon avocado pulp into medium bowl. Add juice of 1 lime, chipotle pepper and salt. Mash until avocado mixture is well mixed; set aside. Cut the remaining lime into wedges; set aside.
- During last few minutes of grilling/ place bread slices on grid; grill until lightly browned on both sides. Remove steak from grill; let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Spread bread with avocado mixture. Top with beef slices; sprinkle with additional salt, as desired. Cut bruschetta in half. Serve with lime wedges.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Sprinkle bruschetta with chopped cilantro as desired.